Healing Fields Arizona Sept '09



With the emotions of the 9/11 attack still on our minds it was even more apparent on the anniversary here in Phoenix. I have to tell you it did not feel as close to home until I was at this memorial and spent time reading the tags on many a flag. Certain individuals had histories that connected them to loved ones here in our state and they adorned those flags with personal effects. The part that really hit me hard was when I realized that all the flags that had a teddy bear represented children that were lost. Me, being a father of a 3 year old, I could not imagine that flag standing where my son should be so I took a while to let the emotions run through me. It was a very deep and emotional afternoon so much so I came back the next day. Here are the images that day created.